Sunday, September 11, 2011

Renders

Thanks to a new computer I just built myself, I've been motivated to revisit some old renders and create some new ones.  I can't say how great it is to have a new (read: FAST) machine!  I decided to go watercooled, since a lot of the work I do puts 100% load on the CPU and\or the GPU.  I've been impressed so far...the cost wasn't too high and the benefits are fantastic.  Sub-50C temperatures on my GPU when I'm rendering and sub 70C on my CPU when I'm rendering.  Part of the reason the CPU is hotter, I think, is that I've overclocked it and also the direction the water runs goes from Pump+Reservoir > External Radiator > GPU > CPU > Pump again.  So, in other words, the hot water hits the CPU after the GPU so it's warmer.

Anyway...on to the images!  They are a mixture of different renderers (including iRay, the new GPU renderer in Max 2012) as well as some digital painting.










No comments:

Post a Comment