Sunday, September 18, 2011

Redesign

I thought I'd post a redesign of one of my renders from a week ago.  I decided to change the brick pattern to a basket weave, I 'baked' my Substance texture from the concrete wall into a bitmap and then modified it in Photoshop to give it a sort of interesting sub-pattern to it rather than the 'panelized' look from before.  I also tweaked out a bit on the UVW mapping of the wall in Max and placed my texture EXACTLY where I wanted.  The curtain wall is an obvious addition.  Also I applied a strong 'levels' adjustment to my concrete texture BEFORE I added it to my render, so that gave a nice punchy contrast to the render even before I photoshoped it.  I also improved the grass a bit by using the mental ray '2 sided' material.

My render settings were pretty high...1600x3200, sampling was 16 min\64 max, and Final Gather was set to 'Low' (since it's an exterior scene I felt that was fine.)


No comments:

Post a Comment